Sugden on Boynazarov: “I’ll end his GLORY career in Chicago”

Sugden on Boynazarov: “I’ll end his GLORY career in Chicago”

Monday, Sep 10 2018 by John O'Regan

“There’s no pressure on me at all, it’s all on him. When he loses to me, it will end his GLORY career.”
 
So says Bailey Sugden (11-2,2 KO’s) ahead of his clash with Anvar Boynazarov (91-26-2, 53 KO’s) at GLORY 58 CHICAGO this coming Friday.
 
Last week, Boynazarov - whose finish of Fabio Pinca remains one of the greatest knockouts in GLORY history - said he was confident of stopping Sugden, probably with the same left hook he stopped Pinca with.
 
Sugden isn’t so sure.
 
“He’s a power puncher but that’s really about it. He’s not got a high technical level, I think I am well ahead of him in that department,” says the young Brit.
 
“He’s going to be looking to land that big left hook and missing with it. If he does land it, he’ll see that I’ve taken it with no issues, and then he will lose confidence, because that’s his best weapon. 
 
“If he can’t put me away with that then he’s not really got anything. In terms of everything else - boxing, movement, speed- I am better than him.”
 
Boynazarov is #6 in the rankings and at one point fought for the GLORY interim featherweight championship, but is currently riding a three-fight losing streak.
 
“He’s ranked #6 so a win over him is good for me, it moves me up the rankings and puts me in the mix with the top guys in the division, which is what I want,” says Sugden, currently #13.
 
“There’s no pressure at all on me, it’s all on him -  he’s riding a three-fight losing streak. When he loses to me in Chicago they are going to cut him from the roster. I’m going to end his GLORY career.”
 
GLORY 58 CHICAGO takes place Friday, September 14 at the Sears Centre in Hoffman Estates, Chicago, Illinois and is headlined by a world title fight between middleweight champion Alex Pereira and former champion Simon Marcus.